The Paintbox Lodge is an intimate boutique hotel nestled in the heart of downtown Canmore owned by Olympic medalist, Sara Renner and World Cup Champion, Thomas Grandi. The Paintbox Lodge is a reflection of the local champions – relaxed, welcoming and professional.
Experience one of our five unique, comfortable suites and rooms. Conversations flow easily around the harvest table while guests enjoy a mountain breakfast with a latte.
We have lots Cooking @ “The BOX”. Sign up for a scheduled cooking class, or book a private cooking class, harvest table dinner or tapas party for you and your friends and family. Come play, (or simply relax) in our backyard paradise.
Gift certificates available for hotel stays and cooking classes.
We believe in Athletes. Many of our staff are Olympic alumni, or are hardworking athletes with Olympic aspirations.
We believe in Sustainability. We are part of 1% for the Planet, our hotel’s electricity is supplied with 100% clean Bullfrog Power and our herb garden is inspired by Permaculture design using a wicking bed.
We believe in the power of Local. Our guests enjoy organic and local community supported food from Farmbox, as well as local power supplied by Bow Valley Power. We also feature local artists and are currently showing original works by Patricia Langevin and Nicole Iff, as well as Photographs by artist Craig Richards’. An incredible local photographer, Noel Rogers of Bow Valley Photography has taken many of the photos on our website.
- Best location in Canmore: downtown and within walking distance to stores, restaurants and river paths.
- Homemade great breakfast: self serve continental breakfast featuring frittata or quiche, house made granola, yogurt, muffins and preserves, homemade sourdough and fruit.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Small and intimate: 3 larger suites and 2 smaller rooms.
- Cooking @ The Box: regularly scheduled Cooking Classes @ The BOX. Also, private cooking class, harvest table dinners and tapas parties in our Miele kitchen.
- 4 town bikes with helmets. Complimentary and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Coffee and tea at our Miele Coffee Station.
- Onsite parking at the hotel and/or free public parking within a block.
- Conference/dining room.
- LGBT Friendly
- Down duvets and cozy linens
- Deep soaker tubs and separate shower
- Small fridge in each room.
- Handmade beds
- Some larger suites have fireplaces and decks
- In room recycling
- Canadian sourced room décor.
- Rocky Mountain Soap products
- TV’s in each room. DVD player and limited cable. Great hiking, skiing or concerts at Communitea and Good Earth Cafe.