The Paintbox Lodge is an intimate boutique hotel nestled in the heart of downtown Canmore owned by Olympic medalist, Sara Renner and World Cup Champion, Thomas Grandi. After chasing ski racing gold in mountain towns throughout the world, they decided that paradise was in their own backyard. With a collection of ideas inspired from their travels, they have created the getaway of their dreams in Canmore. The Paintbox Lodge is a reflection of the local champions – relaxed, welcoming and professional. The magic of the Canadian Rockies takes care of the rest.
Experience one of our five unique, comfortable suites and rooms. Conversations flow easily around the harvest breakfast table where guests enjoy wholesome food made with intention. Be your own barista at the Miele coffee bar and feel free to explore Canmore on one of our complimentary town bikes.
We have lots Cooking @ “The BOX” in our Miele kitchen. Sign up for a scheduled cooking class, or book a private cooking class, harvest table dinner or tapas style cocktail party for you and your friends. Come play, (or simply relax) in our backyard paradise.
Packages available year-round. We host special events, workshops, retreats and more. Come experience Canmore’s downtown boutique hotel- where locals send their friends.
- 3 larger suites and 2 smaller rooms.
- Downtown location. Walking distance to stores, restaurants and paths.
- Self serve continental breakfast featuring frittata or quiche, house made granola, yogurt, muffins and preserves, and oven fresh bread and fruit.
- Regularly scheduled cooking class, private dinner parties and private cooking class options in our Miele kitchen.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Coffee and tea at our Miele Coffee Station.
- 4 town bikes with helmets. Complimentary and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Onsite parking and/or free public parking within a block.
- Original works by Nicole Iff. Photographs by artist Craig Richards’,
- Conference/dining room
- Ski room and storage
- 100% clean electricity supplied with Bullfrog Power
- Local Power supplied by Bow Valley Power.
- Herb garden inspired by Permaculture design using a wicking bed and rainwater collection system.
- Parent supervised community playroom for kids under 6 located across the street.
- LGBT Friendly
- Down duvets and cozy linens
- Deep soaker tubs and separate shower
- Small fridge in each room.
- Handmade beds
- Some larger suites have fireplaces and decks
- In room recycling
- Canadian sourced room décor.
- Rocky Mountain Soap products
- Really outdated TV (go for a hike, ski or concert at Communitea instead)
- Limited Cable and DVD Player.
- Cooking Classes @ The BOX
- Private Cooking Classes @ The BOX
- Harvest Dinners and Tapas Style Cocktail Parties