The Paintbox Lodge is an intimate boutique hotel nestled in the heart of downtown Canmore owned by Olympic medalist, Sara Renner and World Cup Champion, Thomas Grandi. The Paintbox Lodge is a reflection of the local champions– relaxed, welcoming and professional.
Experience one of our five unique, comfortable suites and rooms. Conversations flow easily around the harvest table while guests enjoy a complimentary mountain breakfast with a latte.
We have lots Cooking @ “The BOX”. Sign up for a scheduled cooking class, or book a private cooking class, harvest table dinner or tapas party for you and your friends and family. Come play, (or simply relax) in our backyard paradise.
The Paintbox Lodge lies within Treaty 7 territory, and we honour the tradition and spirit of the area by welcoming you to the traditional lands of Stoney Nakoda peoples. For centuries this area has been home and a place of hunting, gathering, harmony, balance and commerce for many peoples.
Gift certificates available for hotel stays and cooking classes.
- Best location in Canmore: downtown and within walking distance to stores, restaurants and river paths.
- Homemade great breakfast: self serve continental breakfast featuring frittata or quiche, house made granola, yogurt, muffins and preserves, homemade sourdough and fruit.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Small and intimate: 3 larger suites and 2 smaller rooms.
- Cooking @ The Box: regularly scheduled Cooking Classes @ The BOX. Also, private cooking class, harvest table dinners and tapas parties in our Miele kitchen.
- 4 town bikes with helmets. Complimentary and available on a first come, first served basis.
- Coffee and tea at our Miele Coffee Station.
- Onsite parking at the hotel and/or free public parking within a block.
- Conference/dining room.
- LGBT Friendly
- Check in 4:00- 5:00 pm . Self check-in available after 5:00 pm.
- Check out 11:00 am.
- Down duvets and cozy linens
- Deep soaker tubs and separate shower
- Small fridge in each room.
- Handmade beds
- Some larger suites have fireplaces and decks
- In room recycling
- Canadian sourced room décor.
- Rocky Mountain Soap products
- TV’s in each room. DVD player and limited cable.